Eric Najduch was presented with the White Horse Award, which recognizes someone who has done something heroic for another human or a horse, on Oct. 29, but he used the opportunity to honor unsung heroes of horse racing.
Thoroughbred racing and sports enthusiasts will have an opportunity to bid on several outstanding items during a live auction on Friday, Jan. 17 in the walking ring at Gulfstream Park.
Veteran racing official Robert "Bob" Clark, a steward at Thistledown since 2006, died early Aug. 7 at the Cleveland VA Medical Center. Clark had been operated on in late July for neck injuries and was reportedly on the road to recovery.
In celebration of new quarters that will help provide better services to the Thoroughbred industry, The Race For Education will host an open house on April 16, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Nationally-renowned equine artist Robert Clark will be painting live at the Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs on Saturday, June 16, as he works on a portrait of 2007 Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense for the second annual Horsemen's Education Benefit.
"Golden Trifecta," a painting by artist and author Robert Clark, will be unveiled Sunday, June 26, at an event sponsored by Media Thoroughbred Group, which offers racing partnerships.
A new starter handicap series on the turf at Tampa Bay Downs lured a staggering 153 nominees for two divisions, one for colts and geldings, the other for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog