William "Bill" Bork Jr., a longtime horse racing executive, died Jan. 14 in Reading, Pa. He was 80.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
Sam Houston Race Park has cut purses after handle failed to meet purse projections. Overnight purses were adjusted 7%, effective Dec. 18, 2003 with the cuts to stakes purses beginning Jan. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- 'Kobe', 'Salutos' Meet in Palos Verdes
- First Reported Foal for Strong Mandate
- Kentucky-Bred Champion Nominees Announced
- Pedigree Analysis: Rock Sand
- Easy Win for Frosted in First Meydan Start
- Aqueduct Cancels Live Racing Friday, Feb. 5
- 49 Horses Confirmed With EHV in New Mexico
- First Foal for Stallion Can the Man a Colt
- Seek Again to Shuttle to Argentina