William "Bill" Bork Jr., a longtime horse racing executive, died Jan. 14 in Reading, Pa. He was 80.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
Sam Houston Race Park has cut purses after handle failed to meet purse projections. Overnight purses were adjusted 7%, effective Dec. 18, 2003 with the cuts to stakes purses beginning Jan. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences