Evan Hammonds recaps weekend races with a focus on performances by Flashback, Revolutionary, Verrazano, and more! watch video
Gainesway Farm's Tapit has three graded stakes winners in the span of about two hours Feb. 2. His winners, all 3-year-olds, came at Tampa Bay Downs, Santa Anita, and Gulfstream.
Steve Haskin adds I'll Have Another to his Derby Dozen. Alpha moves up as Steve notes Mr. Prankster and Battle Hardened. Steve also recaps the Robert B. Lewis Stakes and Withers from the weekend. watch video
Evan Hammonds recaps the Sam F. Davis Stakes, the Robert B. Lewis Stakes, and touches on the Withers. Evan also comments on Star Guitar's victory in the Louisiana Premier Night Championship. watch video
California-bred gelding Caracortado knocked off a pair of highly-touted 3-year-olds and stayed unbeaten in five lifetime starts as he was much the best in the $150,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 13 at Santa Anita.
We have one horse in mind for the top spot in Saturday's Grade II Robert B. Lewis, and that is the aptly-named Crown of Thorns, a son of Repent trained by Richard Mandella.
With three major Triple Crown prep races run over the March 3-4 weekend, the respective winners were elevated in the rankings of TC nominees based on earnings in graded stakes races.
Connections of one horse hope to celebrate his third birthday in the winner's circle after the Robert B. Lewis Stakes at Santa Anita. That horse is Saint Paul.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells