The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Santa Anita Park has settled a lawsuit brought by retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. stemming from the career-ending injury the rider suffered at Santa Anita March 1, 2003.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Second Quarantined Barn at Parx Cleared
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Thomason Elected to Horse Council Board