The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Santa Anita Park has settled a lawsuit brought by retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. stemming from the career-ending injury the rider suffered at Santa Anita March 1, 2003.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory