The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Santa Anita Park has settled a lawsuit brought by retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. stemming from the career-ending injury the rider suffered at Santa Anita March 1, 2003.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- Songbird a Perfect 10 After Easy Alabama Win