The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Santa Anita Park has settled a lawsuit brought by retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. stemming from the career-ending injury the rider suffered at Santa Anita March 1, 2003.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online