The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Santa Anita Park has settled a lawsuit brought by retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. stemming from the career-ending injury the rider suffered at Santa Anita March 1, 2003.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has denied an appeal by the former business managers of retired jockeys Laffit Pincay Jr. and Chris McCarron, leaving in place an $8-million award, including interest, given to the jockeys by a Los Angeles federal judge.
Most Popular Stories
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress