A Hennessy colt produced from the unraced Alydar mare Altair was purchased for $1.1 million on behalf of Coolmore Stud interests to top Thursday's session of the Keeneland September yearling sale
Unlike Monday's opener, in which only two horses were sold in excess of seven figures, the second session of Keeneland's July Selected Yearling Sale was strong from start to finish. For the entire two-day sale, Keeneland reported 87 yearlings were sold for a total of $42,385,000. The sale average of $487,184 represented a decline of 31.4% from 2001 when 89 horses were sold for a total of $63,212,000 and an average price of $710,247.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.