A Hennessy colt produced from the unraced Alydar mare Altair was purchased for $1.1 million on behalf of Coolmore Stud interests to top Thursday's session of the Keeneland September yearling sale
Unlike Monday's opener, in which only two horses were sold in excess of seven figures, the second session of Keeneland's July Selected Yearling Sale was strong from start to finish. For the entire two-day sale, Keeneland reported 87 yearlings were sold for a total of $42,385,000. The sale average of $487,184 represented a decline of 31.4% from 2001 when 89 horses were sold for a total of $63,212,000 and an average price of $710,247.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet