A Hennessy colt produced from the unraced Alydar mare Altair was purchased for $1.1 million on behalf of Coolmore Stud interests to top Thursday's session of the Keeneland September yearling sale
Unlike Monday's opener, in which only two horses were sold in excess of seven figures, the second session of Keeneland's July Selected Yearling Sale was strong from start to finish. For the entire two-day sale, Keeneland reported 87 yearlings were sold for a total of $42,385,000. The sale average of $487,184 represented a decline of 31.4% from 2001 when 89 horses were sold for a total of $63,212,000 and an average price of $710,247.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes