Three winners of the Eclipse Award for the best steeplechase horse in the land will square off in the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase on Saturday.
Bill Pape's Divine Fortune set all the pace in the $100,000 Marion duPont Scott Colonial Cup (NSA-I) Nov. 15 and drew away to a dominating nine-length victory.
Jacqueline Ohrstrom's Demonstrative edged past Divine Fortune at the finish line to win the $150,000 Calvin Houghland Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) by a head May 11 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Seven hurdle stakes horses will square off in Saturday's $100,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I), at three miles the longest hurdle race on the National Steeplechase Association calendar, in Nashville, Tenn.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike caught favorites Hirapour and Al Skywalker in the stretch to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup Saturday before a crowd estimated at 70,000 at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Kobe's Back Finds Just Enough in Palos Verdes
- Medaglia d'Oro Season Added to F-T Sale
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Trainer Bill McLean Scores 1,000th Victory
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Stormdriver Upstages Favorites in Louisiana
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- F-T Offers Final Mixed Sale of the Year
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score