On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists