On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker