On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Majestic River Rolls to Molly Pitcher Win