On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015