On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia