On Monday in Melbourne, the Inglis premier yearling sale opened with a record. It was day two of the auction, early in the coolish morning, but the bidding was on fire.
Sixty-seven yearlings sold for a gross of 1,021,500 Australian dollars (approximately $601,970 in U.S. funds) and an average of 15,246 Australian dollars ($8,984) during the inaugural premier II yearling sale at Oaklands Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight