The 2012 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) win by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider's filly Sign was reinstated following a settlement announced July 17 by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
David Royse, representing Sign's owners, said the stewards mistakenly believed they were obligated to include a disqualification (and resulting purse forfeiture) as a minimum requirement of the current KHRC rule.
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission stewards have disqualified Sign from her victory in last season's Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs following a positive test for methocarbamol (Robaxin).
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks