After Market, the 3-5 favorite ridden by Alex Solis, enhanced his reputation as one of America's outstanding horses on grass Sunday with a sparkling victory in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar.
Grade I winner After Market looks for his third victory in a row on Sunday as he leads a field of six in the $400,000 Eddie Read Handicap (gr. IT) at 1 1/8 miles on Del Mar's Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Godolphin Racing's East Coast invader, Ashkal Way, given a patient ride by Garrett Gomez, seized the lead mid-stretch en route to his third successive graded stakes victory in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf course Friday.
Irish-bred Ashkal Way, a winner of five of six starts in the U.S., makes his Hollywood Park debut Friday in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) to kick off the 15th Turf Festival.
Gorella, a beast on the turf course this year against the girls and a formidable foe against the boys, drew post position 12 of 14 for Saturday's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs.
Pride made amends for her second place finish in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) with an easy three length victory in the Emirates Airline Champion Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Saturday.
Rob Roy, a disappointment last year in the 3-year-old Classics, returned to action as a winner for Michael Stoute when favored in the Betfred.com Mile (Eng-II) at Sandown Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process