The Magic Millions national yearling sale got off to a strong start June 6 in Australia. The average price was up 42.3%.
The excitement of seeing two magnificent racing fillies win the two $1 million races at the Magic Millions race day on the Gold Coast Jan. 13 stole much of the excitement out of the crowd. As day three of the sale wound down, the best was bought for $625,000 by Katsumi Yoshida.
- By Ric Chapman
New Zealand-based bloodstock agent Rob McAnulty out-bid Starcraft's owner Paul Makin and paid Aust$825,000 (U.S.$658,000) for a Dehere colt (setting a new Australasian record for a 2-year-old in-training.
Coolmore consigned the colt that roared to the lead as day three of Magic Million's yearling sale on the Gold Coast in Australia concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance