The Magic Millions national yearling sale got off to a strong start June 6 in Australia. The average price was up 42.3%.
The excitement of seeing two magnificent racing fillies win the two $1 million races at the Magic Millions race day on the Gold Coast Jan. 13 stole much of the excitement out of the crowd. As day three of the sale wound down, the best was bought for $625,000 by Katsumi Yoshida.
- By Ric Chapman
New Zealand-based bloodstock agent Rob McAnulty out-bid Starcraft's owner Paul Makin and paid Aust$825,000 (U.S.$658,000) for a Dehere colt (setting a new Australasian record for a 2-year-old in-training.
Coolmore consigned the colt that roared to the lead as day three of Magic Million's yearling sale on the Gold Coast in Australia concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday