The Magic Millions national yearling sale got off to a strong start June 6 in Australia. The average price was up 42.3%.
The excitement of seeing two magnificent racing fillies win the two $1 million races at the Magic Millions race day on the Gold Coast Jan. 13 stole much of the excitement out of the crowd. As day three of the sale wound down, the best was bought for $625,000 by Katsumi Yoshida.
- By Ric Chapman
New Zealand-based bloodstock agent Rob McAnulty out-bid Starcraft's owner Paul Makin and paid Aust$825,000 (U.S.$658,000) for a Dehere colt (setting a new Australasian record for a 2-year-old in-training.
Coolmore consigned the colt that roared to the lead as day three of Magic Million's yearling sale on the Gold Coast in Australia concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move