Track needs to clean up after massive snowstorms in Central Pennsylvania.
David F. Bailey has been appointed assistant race secretary at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Penn National Race Course, which had changed its closing time on pools after two recent separate past-posting incidents, reverted to its previous policy June 18.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course announced that a purse increase that went into effect June 11 raised the daily average purses at the track to a record $170,000.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course refunded more than $150,000 in wagers after a communications router failure at its main wagering hub went down, leaving the second race May 20 open for betting after off time.
Live racing and training at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course will be suspended following the Sept. 20 racing program for a resurfacing project of the entire racetrack cushion. The unexpected shutdown of the Pennsylvania racetrack is believed to be due to track conditions that have resulted in a high number of recent catastrophic breakdowns, based on information from horsemen.
A backstretch improvement program has begun at Hollywood Casino at Penn National, which will spend up to $10 million over the next 10 years to build new barns, refurbish old ones, and make other barn-area upgrades.
Live racing at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, Pa. was canceled Feb. 22 after a snowstorm dumped around six inches of snow in the Central Pennsylvania area.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet