NBC Sports Group announced April 24 the schedule for its record 15 1/2 hours of programming for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the rest of its Triple Crown coverage.
NBC Sports wins for its live Kentucky Derby broadcast, while an HRTV documentary about retired Thoroughbreds helping struggling war veterans wins features division.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television -- Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the 2012 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will return to NBC Sports this year and the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast in primetime on NBC.
NBC Sports has won the 2009 Media Eclipse Award in the National Television Feature programming category for its documentary "The Story of Mine That Bird, 50-1", which aired at the beginning of its Preakness Stakes.
NBC will recount the heroic story of Barbaro in a one-hour documentary that will air on the network April 29, which would have been the horse's fourth birthday.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet