NBC Sports has won the media Eclipse Award for television features for "California Chrome: The Unlikely Champion," the story of the 2014 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner.
NBC Sports has won the Eclipse Award for live television programming for its broadcast of the 2014 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), the 11th such award for the network.
NBC Sports Group announced April 24 the schedule for its record 15 1/2 hours of programming for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the rest of its Triple Crown coverage.
NBC Sports wins for its live Kentucky Derby broadcast, while an HRTV documentary about retired Thoroughbreds helping struggling war veterans wins features division.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television -- Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the 2012 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will return to NBC Sports this year and the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast in primetime on NBC.
NBC Sports has won the 2009 Media Eclipse Award in the National Television Feature programming category for its documentary "The Story of Mine That Bird, 50-1", which aired at the beginning of its Preakness Stakes.
NBC will recount the heroic story of Barbaro in a one-hour documentary that will air on the network April 29, which would have been the horse's fourth birthday.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant