NBC Sports Group announced April 24 the schedule for its record 15 1/2 hours of programming for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the rest of its Triple Crown coverage.
NBC Sports wins for its live Kentucky Derby broadcast, while an HRTV documentary about retired Thoroughbreds helping struggling war veterans wins features division.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for Television -- Live Racing Programming for its broadcast of the 2012 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
The Breeders' Cup World Championships will return to NBC Sports this year and the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) will be broadcast in primetime on NBC.
NBC Sports has won the 2009 Media Eclipse Award in the National Television Feature programming category for its documentary "The Story of Mine That Bird, 50-1", which aired at the beginning of its Preakness Stakes.
NBC will recount the heroic story of Barbaro in a one-hour documentary that will air on the network April 29, which would have been the horse's fourth birthday.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile