Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to 2009 leading sire Giant's Causeway, died the night of May 24 at Hartley/De Renzo, Walmac South near Ocala, Fla.
Bear Tough Guy outfought Korvette Kid over the long Woodbine stretch to register a neck victory in the $197,149 Grey Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11.
Taylor's Tiger, a bay son of Roar of the Tiger, brought $77,000 to top the John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training March 22 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana. Midwest Thoroughbred purchased the Louisiana-bred colt from Southwind Farm.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to prominent sire Giant's Causeway, came through with his first winner April 16.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to Giant's Causeway, has been retired and will stand in 2005 at Hartley/De Renzo Walmac South near Ocala, Fla. His fee will be $6,000.
Stakes-placed Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to champion and prominent freshman sire Giant's Causeway, has been retired from racing and will enter stud as a joint effort between John Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac International and Randy Hartley and Dean De Renzo's Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to European star Giant's Causeway, breezed a half-mile on Thursday at Churchill Downs as the 5-year-old took another positive step in his latest comeback from injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired