Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to 2009 leading sire Giant's Causeway, died the night of May 24 at Hartley/De Renzo, Walmac South near Ocala, Fla.
Bear Tough Guy outfought Korvette Kid over the long Woodbine stretch to register a neck victory in the $197,149 Grey Stakes (Can-III) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11.
Taylor's Tiger, a bay son of Roar of the Tiger, brought $77,000 to top the John Franks Memorial sale of 2-year-olds in training March 22 at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in Louisiana. Midwest Thoroughbred purchased the Louisiana-bred colt from Southwind Farm.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to prominent sire Giant's Causeway, came through with his first winner April 16.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to Giant's Causeway, has been retired and will stand in 2005 at Hartley/De Renzo Walmac South near Ocala, Fla. His fee will be $6,000.
Stakes-placed Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to champion and prominent freshman sire Giant's Causeway, has been retired from racing and will enter stud as a joint effort between John Jones III and Robert Trussell's Walmac International and Randy Hartley and Dean De Renzo's Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds.
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to European star Giant's Causeway, breezed a half-mile on Thursday at Churchill Downs as the 5-year-old took another positive step in his latest comeback from injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware