Grade III-placed Take Charge Brandi will aim for her breakthrough stakes win Saturday, Sept. 6, when she faces an expected nine other 2-year-old fillies in the $200,000 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
The series of 35 select races--19 "Prep Season" races and 16 "Championship Series" events--is used to determine which horses qualify to the 141st running of the $2 million Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Churchill Downs released its 'Road to the Kentucky Derby' Series slate for 2013-14. This year there will be two fewer races to earn points toward a starting slot in the Run for the Roses.
It's a long way from the first Saturday in January to the first Saturday in May, but the $200,000 Jerome Stakes (gr. II) and the $100,000 Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack could serve as a road map to the future.
Churchill Downs launched the official Web site for the 2007 Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the official 2007 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Tillson Joins Spendthrift Farm Team
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze