The Jockey Club is projecting a 2017 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 22,500, which would match the projection of the 2016 foal crop.
The Jockey Club released their Report of Mares Bred in 2005 Thursday morning and report that 58,739 mares were covered by 3,097 stallions this year. The released data is reports that have been received through Oct. 13.
The Jockey Club released the 2003 Report of Mares Bred on Thursday. The report, while not complete, shows less than a 1% decline in both the number of covering stallions and the number of mares bred over last year's figures.
The Jockey Club is projecting a 2004 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 37,200, a marginal increase over 2003 and an indication that the foal crop size has stabilized following the decline in 2002 due to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS).
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes