The Jockey Club released their Report of Mares Bred in 2005 Thursday morning and report that 58,739 mares were covered by 3,097 stallions this year. The released data is reports that have been received through Oct. 13.
The Jockey Club released the 2003 Report of Mares Bred on Thursday. The report, while not complete, shows less than a 1% decline in both the number of covering stallions and the number of mares bred over last year's figures.
The Jockey Club is projecting a 2004 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 37,200, a marginal increase over 2003 and an indication that the foal crop size has stabilized following the decline in 2002 due to Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS).
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Texas Commission Gets Three-Month Reprieve
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale