Alex Solis said he wanted to kick himself after waiting too long to move Runaway Dancer in his last start, the Round Table Handicap. He didn't make the same mistake Sunday in winning the $150,400 Sunset Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on the final day of the Hollywood Park spring/summer meeting.
Runaway Dancer, last at the head of the stretch, stormed down the center of the track under enthusiastic urging from Garrett Gomez to win the $350,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) going away on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
RL Stables' Runaway Dancer closed from far back to score a 38-1 stunner by a neck over European invader Labirinto in Friday's $139,250 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/2 mile on the Santa Anita turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival