A pair of grade III turf races worth $100,000 apiece highlight the Belmont Park card May 7. Six fillies and mares will line up in the Beaugay and the same number of males are expected to square off in the Fort Marcy.
Speedster Little Mike played the bully once again on the Gulfstream Park turf, tallying in the $100,000 Emirates Airlines Appleton Stakes April 3 for his third grade III win of the meet.
Champ Pegasus will try to spoil Bourbon Bay's five-for-five mark on the Santa Anita turf course as the likely favorites among 13 entered in the $150,000 San Luis Obispo Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 19.
Top turf horses from the East, West, Europe, and a handful of local contenders will converge in Toronto for a sparkling edition of the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) on Sept. 19.
Hall of Fame trainers Richard Mandella and Neil Drysdale will each be going for their fourth win in Holywood Park's American Handicap (gr. IIT), the Inglewood, Calif. track's Fourth of July feature.
Blocked in traffic mid-stretch, odds-on favorite Loup Breton altered course to the outside and burst home to overtake High Court Drama in the final strides to win the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Rescheduled for Jan. 24 after stormy conditions washed out the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday racing card at Santa Anita, the $150,000 San Marcos Stakes (gr. IIT) at 1 1/4 miles on turf attracted a field of 10.
Grade I winner The Usual Q.T., on a five-race winning streak, is the clear standout in the $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIIT) on opening day at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby