Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr., who helped develop the Indiana-bred program before Hoosier Park opened in the mid-1990s, has resigned as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing and Breeding Coalition.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission sided with Indiana Downs Sept. 26 when it voted 4-1 to split riverboat casino admission tax revenue 50/50 with Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Hoosier Park. The move guarantees $5.4 million a year to Indiana Downs indefinitely.
Most Popular Stories
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew