Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr., who helped develop the Indiana-bred program before Hoosier Park opened in the mid-1990s, has resigned as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing and Breeding Coalition.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission sided with Indiana Downs Sept. 26 when it voted 4-1 to split riverboat casino admission tax revenue 50/50 with Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Hoosier Park. The move guarantees $5.4 million a year to Indiana Downs indefinitely.
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful