Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr., who helped develop the Indiana-bred program before Hoosier Park opened in the mid-1990s, has resigned as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing and Breeding Coalition.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission sided with Indiana Downs Sept. 26 when it voted 4-1 to split riverboat casino admission tax revenue 50/50 with Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Hoosier Park. The move guarantees $5.4 million a year to Indiana Downs indefinitely.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes