Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr., who helped develop the Indiana-bred program before Hoosier Park opened in the mid-1990s, has resigned as chairman of the Indiana Horse Racing and Breeding Coalition.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission sided with Indiana Downs Sept. 26 when it voted 4-1 to split riverboat casino admission tax revenue 50/50 with Churchill Downs Inc.-owned Hoosier Park. The move guarantees $5.4 million a year to Indiana Downs indefinitely.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Researchers Evaluate Hoof Wall Tubule Density, Morphology
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa