Officials close to a decision by Tampa Bay Downs to ban jockeys from its grounds is related to a race run at Great Lakes Downs this past summer.
Former jockey Heriberto "Herbie" Rivera Jr., winner of more than 3,200 races during his 23-year career, has been appointed an East Coast regional manager of the 1,300-member Jockeys' Guild.
British-bred Just Wonder wore down the leaders in the stretch to win Saturday's $100,000 Ascot Handicap for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile on the turf at Bay Meadows decisively.
Juan A. Dominguez Sr. died Sunday morning after a brief illness. In Dominguez's long career as a jockey agent, he handled the book for riders such as Eddie Maple, Miguel Rivera, Ruben Hernandez, and Eclipse Award winning apprentice Ramon Perez.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test