San Luis Obispo (gr. IIT) winner The Tin Man will not run in the Mar. 15 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) and will likely miss the remainder of the Santa Anita meet. Trainer Richard Mandella says River God, Pleasantly Perfect and Kudos are ready for action.
Two American runners are among eight extra entries for the 2001 Vodafone Derby, which will be contested at Epsom on Saturday, June 9. Tiger Trap, from Neil Drysdale's California stable, and River God, representing Richard Mandella highlight the additions list.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel saddled the winners of both stakes races Saturday at Santa Anita Park. Frankel sent out Juddmonte Farms' Marine for a half-length victory in the $83,475 La Puente Stakes for 3-year-olds. And in the $81,975 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies, Frankel-trained horses ran one-two as Dr. John Chandler's Dynamous held off stable mate and 4-to-5 favorite Heads Will Roll for a half-length victory.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' Global Gait, winner of three of five career starts, is one of five Visa Triple Crown nominees set to run in Saturday's La Puente Stakes at Santa Anita. Trained by Bob Baffert, the Maryland-bred son of Concern was fourth in the Fountain of Youth in his 2001 debut.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill