San Luis Obispo (gr. IIT) winner The Tin Man will not run in the Mar. 15 San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) and will likely miss the remainder of the Santa Anita meet. Trainer Richard Mandella says River God, Pleasantly Perfect and Kudos are ready for action.
Two American runners are among eight extra entries for the 2001 Vodafone Derby, which will be contested at Epsom on Saturday, June 9. Tiger Trap, from Neil Drysdale's California stable, and River God, representing Richard Mandella highlight the additions list.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel saddled the winners of both stakes races Saturday at Santa Anita Park. Frankel sent out Juddmonte Farms' Marine for a half-length victory in the $83,475 La Puente Stakes for 3-year-olds. And in the $81,975 Providencia Stakes for 3-year-old fillies, Frankel-trained horses ran one-two as Dr. John Chandler's Dynamous held off stable mate and 4-to-5 favorite Heads Will Roll for a half-length victory.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' Global Gait, winner of three of five career starts, is one of five Visa Triple Crown nominees set to run in Saturday's La Puente Stakes at Santa Anita. Trained by Bob Baffert, the Maryland-bred son of Concern was fourth in the Fountain of Youth in his 2001 debut.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session
- Lemon Drop Dream Takes on Seven in Phoenix