Grade I winner Dixie Chatter has been retired from racing and will stand in 2010 at Martin and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif.
Pirate's Bounty, a California leading sire, was euthanized last week at Marty and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif., because of the infirmities of old age.
Miss Soft Sell, dam of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Brother Derek, is booked to Giant's Causeway.
Leading California stallion Bertrando, whose maternal granddaughter Silent Sighs beat champion Halfbridled in winning the March 13 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), is suffering from a liver disease and might be pensioned from stallion duty at the end of the season.
A smaller catalogue led to a lower gross, but the major indicators were positive for Barretts at its October yearling sale. Held Oct. 2, the auction showed significant gains in average and median.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace