English invader Dalvina went from last-to-first, rallying under Cornelio Velasquez to conquer the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct in her first start on American soil.
Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) winner Royal Highness leads a field of eight that is heavily weighted with European contenders in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
Gorella and Honey Ryder plus a rising star from overseas top a deep line-up of 11 fillies and mares for Arlington Park's $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) on Saturday.
Alexandrova pulled off a Classic double and gave jockey Kieren Fallon a welcome morale boost when she ran away with the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Alexandrova landed another English classic for trainer Aidan O'Brien and owners Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith when flying home an easy winner of the 228th running of the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture