English invader Dalvina went from last-to-first, rallying under Cornelio Velasquez to conquer the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct in her first start on American soil.
Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) winner Royal Highness leads a field of eight that is heavily weighted with European contenders in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 11 at Aqueduct.
Gorella and Honey Ryder plus a rising star from overseas top a deep line-up of 11 fillies and mares for Arlington Park's $750,000 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. IT) on Saturday.
Alexandrova pulled off a Classic double and gave jockey Kieren Fallon a welcome morale boost when she ran away with the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Alexandrova landed another English classic for trainer Aidan O'Brien and owners Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith when flying home an easy winner of the 228th running of the Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) at Epsom on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap