Mark J. Gerard, a New York veterinarian who executed one of racing's most famous fixes, died June 21 in Miami.
New Mexico Thoroughbred owner Kelly Winter has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after being convicted of running and attempting to run a "ringer" at racetracks in Florida and Pennsylvania in 1998.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes