Mark J. Gerard, a New York veterinarian who executed one of racing's most famous fixes, died June 21 in Miami.
New Mexico Thoroughbred owner Kelly Winter has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after being convicted of running and attempting to run a "ringer" at racetracks in Florida and Pennsylvania in 1998.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break