Mark J. Gerard, a New York veterinarian who executed one of racing's most famous fixes, died June 21 in Miami.
New Mexico Thoroughbred owner Kelly Winter has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after being convicted of running and attempting to run a "ringer" at racetracks in Florida and Pennsylvania in 1998.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby