Mark J. Gerard, a New York veterinarian who executed one of racing's most famous fixes, died June 21 in Miami.
New Mexico Thoroughbred owner Kelly Winter has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after being convicted of running and attempting to run a "ringer" at racetracks in Florida and Pennsylvania in 1998.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen