Mark J. Gerard, a New York veterinarian who executed one of racing's most famous fixes, died June 21 in Miami.
New Mexico Thoroughbred owner Kelly Winter has been sentenced to 28 months in prison after being convicted of running and attempting to run a "ringer" at racetracks in Florida and Pennsylvania in 1998.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress