Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Dixie City makes her first start since winning Aqueduct's Demoiselle Stakes (gr. II) last November as one of the favorites in the $125,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park March 12.
Rigoletta outfought odds-on choice Tell a Kelly to the wire to score an exciting 32-1 upset in Oak Tree's $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 3 at Hollywood Park.
Tell a Kelly, a romping winner of the Darley Debutante (gr. I), will try two turns for the first time when she faces six juvenile filly opponents in Oak Tree's $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 3 at Hollywood Park.
Last on the turn for home, Tell a Kelly swept to an eye-catching victory in the $250,000 Darley Debutante (gr. I) at Del Mar Sept. 4 in her first try against winners.
Fresh off an eye-catching win in her bow at Del Mar last month, the Richard Mandella-trained Avid jumps right into the deep end of the pool in the $250,000 Darley Debutante (gr. I) at the seaside track Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside