Louisiana Champions Day is when the little man can stand at center stage, and they don't get much smaller than Peter Orlando. Right On the Mark, a 6-year-old gelding owned and trained by Orlando, gave the 59-year-old his first stakes win in 40 years of racing in the Champions Day Classic Dec. 9. "I'm just a small guy," Orlando explained. "It's just me by myself and four horses. I breed 'em and race 'em. That's all I do."
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16