The sale company will follow the uniform medication model rules adopted for racing by the Association of Racing Commissioners International. Medication rule changes will begin in March.
A rule that would limit use of the riding crop by jockeys during races is expected to be put in place at the upcoming 24-day Santa Anita Park autumn meet set to begin Sept. 26.
Uniform policies that restrict use of a riding crop in under tack shows for 2-year-olds in training had a significant effect on riders' actions at the preview for the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction, according to Fasig-Tipton director of marketing Terence Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Black Heart Bart, Bon Aurum Win at Caulfield
- 'Lion' Front-Running Upsetter in Middle Park
- Flintshire Among First 'Super Saturday' Cast
- Lexie Lou to Keeneland November
- Beholder Logs Final Work for Zenyatta