The sale company will follow the uniform medication model rules adopted for racing by the Association of Racing Commissioners International. Medication rule changes will begin in March.
A rule that would limit use of the riding crop by jockeys during races is expected to be put in place at the upcoming 24-day Santa Anita Park autumn meet set to begin Sept. 26.
Uniform policies that restrict use of a riding crop in under tack shows for 2-year-olds in training had a significant effect on riders' actions at the preview for the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction, according to Fasig-Tipton director of marketing Terence Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016