A rule that would limit use of the riding crop by jockeys during races is expected to be put in place at the upcoming 24-day Santa Anita Park autumn meet set to begin Sept. 26.
Uniform policies that restrict use of a riding crop in under tack shows for 2-year-olds in training had a significant effect on riders' actions at the preview for the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction, according to Fasig-Tipton director of marketing Terence Collier.
Most Popular Stories
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Slideshow: Will Take Charge