Prominent Thoroughbred owner-breeder Charlotte Weber, set to be honored with this year's "Penny Chenery Distinguished Woman in Racing Award" at Arlington Park Aug. 11, has issued a $50,000 matching gift challenge over the next five years against pledges made to the Chicago track's "Riding For A Cure" program benefiting cancer research.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood