The 2014 Thoroughbred season at Northlands Park Racetrack & Casino concluded Oct. 25 with wagering increasing across the board.
British Columbia Derby (Can-III) winner Alert Bay tackled older foes for the first time and registered a smart victory in the British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III) Oct. 13 at Hastings Race Course.
Alert Bay took command in the drive and posted a comfortable two-length win in the $135,225 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Racecourse Sept. 14 as owner Peter Redekop won the race for a third straight year.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis