Sayler's Creek provided owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey with a second consecutive win the Sandy Lane Barbados Gold Cup, the signature race of the Barbados Turf Club, March 7 at Garrison Savannah racetrack near Bridgetown.
The 2014 Thoroughbred season at Northlands Park Racetrack & Casino concluded Oct. 25 with wagering increasing across the board.
British Columbia Derby (Can-III) winner Alert Bay tackled older foes for the first time and registered a smart victory in the British Columbia Premier's Handicap (Can-III) Oct. 13 at Hastings Race Course.
Alert Bay took command in the drive and posted a comfortable two-length win in the $135,225 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Racecourse Sept. 14 as owner Peter Redekop won the race for a third straight year.
After settling in mid-pack early in the Canadian Derby Stakes (Can-III) Aug. 16, Edison took charge at the quarter pole and romped to an eye-widening triumph at Edmonton's Northlands Park.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Broadway Empire, a Turf Paradise-based gelding who shipped to Oklahoma after back-to-back wins in Alberta, Canada, grabbed the early lead and never looked back en route to victory in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington.
Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory