Though Gainesway stands Tapit, the leading sire who commands the highest North American stud fee, and brought Empire Maker back from Japan for 2016, the farm is all in on Karakontie, who shares several ties with Kingmambo.
Three dozen individuals representing a cross-section of the breeding, racing, and veterinary communities have agreed to participate in the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit, which is sponsored by Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes