Though Gainesway stands Tapit, the leading sire who commands the highest North American stud fee, and brought Empire Maker back from Japan for 2016, the farm is all in on Karakontie, who shares several ties with Kingmambo.
Three dozen individuals representing a cross-section of the breeding, racing, and veterinary communities have agreed to participate in the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit, which is sponsored by Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience