The six broodmares, six racing prospects, four yearlings, one 2-year-old, and one stallion that were to be offered at the Barretts sale Jan. 26 represent the last vestiges of the holdings of the co-owners of Seattle Slew.
Racing fans reserve a special place in their hearts for the talented horse denied opportunity because of injury or circumstance--like Event of the Year, who won Turfway's Kentucky Derby prep in 1998.
Asked to go 12 furlongs for the first time in his career, Tap It Light answered the call in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 27.
Stakes winner Council Member, a member of the second-last crop of foals by Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew, will enter stud in 2009 at Rick and Kathy Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Graded stakes winner Capsized has been purchased by B n D Chase Thoroughbreds from Gold Spur Stable and Stonerside Stables for stallion duty at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
An auction of stallion Siberian Summer and 13 other horses owned by Mike Power has been canceled.
Special T Thoroughbreds is being forced to auction off the promising stallion Siberian Summer along with nine mares and four foals because the horses' owner hasn't paid his bills. The sale will be held Sept. 26 at 1 p.m. PDT at the farm.
Robert and Barbara Walter have relocated the stallions Slewvescent and Robannier to Rick and Kathy Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Grade II winner Mud Route's first foal arrived on Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe