Offspring of freshman sires Gemologist and Overdriven topped the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s April 2-year-olds in training sale April 20 during a session in which gross, average, and median prices declined from the comparable sale date a year ago.
A colt from the first crop of Gemologist was sold for $550,000 to agent David Ingordo and trainer Peter Eurton for an undisclosed client during the April 20 session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company’s 2-year-olds in training sale.
Majesticperfection registered his first reported victory as a sire June 1 when 2-year-old colt It's Free scored an upset in a maiden special weight race at Gulfstream Park.
Astrology, a grade III-winning son of A.P. Indy, sired his first foal on Thursday, Jan. 9, when a colt was born at Rick Sutherland's farm near Ocala, Fla.
A strong storm system that swept across Central Florida Aug. 21 failed to dampen the enthusiasm of buyers attending the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling auction in Central Florida.
The first reported foal by Robert LaPenta's grade II winner Cool Coal Man is a colt born Jan. 20 in Ocala, Fla.
Grade II winner Cool Coal Man had his first mare confirmed in foal. The mare, Bahrina (by Bahri), is owned by Rick Sutherland.
Grade II winner Congrats sired his first winner when his 2-year-old daughter Check My Cheeks won May 1 at Camerero in Puerto Rico.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely