The New Mexico Livestock Board has tentatively set March 9 as the date that Sunland Park will no longer be under quarantine for the presence of equine herpesvirus.
Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino in New Mexico has suspended live racing for at least 14 days in the wake of confirmation of neurotropic equine herpesvirus in five racehorses.
Average daily purse distribution at Zia Park Racetrack will increase to more than $300,000, which should attract top racehorses from throughout the Midwest and western United States.
A group of about 100 horses at Ruidoso Downs Race Track in New Mexico has been tested for Equine Infectious Anemia by the New Mexico state veterinarian's office after a horse stabled near the track's barn area tested positive for the virus last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired