The New Mexico Livestock Board has tentatively set March 9 as the date that Sunland Park will no longer be under quarantine for the presence of equine herpesvirus.
Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino in New Mexico has suspended live racing for at least 14 days in the wake of confirmation of neurotropic equine herpesvirus in five racehorses.
Average daily purse distribution at Zia Park Racetrack will increase to more than $300,000, which should attract top racehorses from throughout the Midwest and western United States.
A group of about 100 horses at Ruidoso Downs Race Track in New Mexico has been tested for Equine Infectious Anemia by the New Mexico state veterinarian's office after a horse stabled near the track's barn area tested positive for the virus last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale