The New Mexico Livestock Board has tentatively set March 9 as the date that Sunland Park will no longer be under quarantine for the presence of equine herpesvirus.
Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino in New Mexico has suspended live racing for at least 14 days in the wake of confirmation of neurotropic equine herpesvirus in five racehorses.
Average daily purse distribution at Zia Park Racetrack will increase to more than $300,000, which should attract top racehorses from throughout the Midwest and western United States.
A group of about 100 horses at Ruidoso Downs Race Track in New Mexico has been tested for Equine Infectious Anemia by the New Mexico state veterinarian's office after a horse stabled near the track's barn area tested positive for the virus last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation