The Jockey Club has announced that Thoroughbred owners and breeders can now order microchip scanners directly from Pet Travel through a link on Interactive Registration at registry.jockeyclub.com.
The Jockey Club's board of stewards voted to change certain provisions of the Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Stud Book. Microchips will become a requirement for registration for foals of 2017 and later.
Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Edwin Moses and Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear will be the featured speakers at The Jockey Club's 63rd annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing on Aug. 9.
Logan Bailey, the general manager of the Kentucky office of Daily Racing Form, dies April 28. The Frankfort, Ky., native was 75.
Ten employees from the registry office of The Jockey Club in Lexington, often referred as the 'Class of '88,'were honored for 25 years of service Oct. 17 at the Lexington Country Club.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet