The Jockey Club has announced that Thoroughbred owners and breeders can now order microchip scanners directly from Pet Travel through a link on Interactive Registration at registry.jockeyclub.com.
The Jockey Club's board of stewards voted to change certain provisions of the Principal Rules and Requirements of the American Stud Book. Microchips will become a requirement for registration for foals of 2017 and later.
Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Edwin Moses and Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear will be the featured speakers at The Jockey Club's 63rd annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing on Aug. 9.
Logan Bailey, the general manager of the Kentucky office of Daily Racing Form, dies April 28. The Frankfort, Ky., native was 75.
Ten employees from the registry office of The Jockey Club in Lexington, often referred as the 'Class of '88,'were honored for 25 years of service Oct. 17 at the Lexington Country Club.
Edward A. (Buddy) Bishop, who has served as The Jockey Club's registrar since 1984, will retire at year's end and will be succeeded by Rick Bailey.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death