Favored Half Ours remained unbeaten in five starts when he staved off the hard-charging Park Avenue Ball in the closing strides to take the $225,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) by a half-length at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat, winner of the Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) last month, is the high weight with 118 pounds in Saturday's $100,000 Artax Handicap at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Eight older horses are expected to duel in Saturday's $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park. The Michael Gill-owned, Mark Shuman-trained entry of Native Heir and Highway Prospector will likely go off as the favorite in the seven-furlong sprint. The entry is 9/5 on the morning line.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar