Favored Half Ours remained unbeaten in five starts when he staved off the hard-charging Park Avenue Ball in the closing strides to take the $225,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) by a half-length at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat, winner of the Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) last month, is the high weight with 118 pounds in Saturday's $100,000 Artax Handicap at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Eight older horses are expected to duel in Saturday's $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park. The Michael Gill-owned, Mark Shuman-trained entry of Native Heir and Highway Prospector will likely go off as the favorite in the seven-furlong sprint. The entry is 9/5 on the morning line.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award