Favored Half Ours remained unbeaten in five starts when he staved off the hard-charging Park Avenue Ball in the closing strides to take the $225,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap (gr. II) by a half-length at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Double G Stable's Tour of the Cat, winner of the Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) last month, is the high weight with 118 pounds in Saturday's $100,000 Artax Handicap at seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Eight older horses are expected to duel in Saturday's $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park. The Michael Gill-owned, Mark Shuman-trained entry of Native Heir and Highway Prospector will likely go off as the favorite in the seven-furlong sprint. The entry is 9/5 on the morning line.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered