Magna Entertainment Corp. has sold Great Lakes Downs in a lease-back deal that will allow it to operate a live Thoroughbred meet at the western Michigan facility and pursue plans for Michigan Downs, a proposed racetrack in the Detroit metropolitan area.
Michigan Racing Commissioner Robert Geake said Aug. 9 he would authorize the transfer of the license for Great Lakes Downs near Muskegon from MI Racing Inc., a fully owned subsidiary of Magna Entertainment Corp., to Richmond Racing.
Groups for and against the proposed transfer of Michigan's Great Lakes Downs racing license had their say at a state racing commission hearing in Lansing July 29. And what they said was nothing more than expected.
The proposed transfer of the racetrack license held by Great Lakes Downs to Richmond Racing is scheduled to be June 29 by the Office of Michigan Racing Commissioner.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn