Trainer Wesley Ward could get his Breeders' Cup Saturday started in a big way Nov. 1 if Richies Party Girl delivers in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT)
Suntracer, beaten by 20 lengths in his last start, was all out to hold off the closing Pyrite Mountain by a nose to win the $347,400 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) over the twisting Kentucky Downs turf course Sept. 13.
With half the field likely to be gunning for the lead, the set-up seems ideal for the confirmed closing mare Ageless in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine turf July 27.
In her first start on a synthetic surface, Ready to Act recorded her second straight stakes victory for Klaravich Stables and William Lawrence when she rallied from last to capture the April 13 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II).
Alto Racing's Sweet Whiskey, who launched her 2014 campaign with a victory in the Old Hat Stakes (gr. III) leads a field of eight 3-year-old fillies entered in the April 13 Beaumont Stakes (gr. II).
Here's a follow-up look at racing statistics of juveniles involved in the furosemide observational study results released Dec. 16 by Breeders' Cup from this year's World Championships and two California-bred stakes.
A field of 10 lightly-raced 2-year-old fillies has been entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. IIIT) that highlights the Oct. 9 card at Keeneland Race Course.
Grade II winner My Conquestadory heads an evenly matched field of 12 juvenile fillies in the Oct. 4 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. I). The two-turn Polytrack event is the first of nine graded stakes this weekend at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner