Kentucky Senate President David Williams and Richie Farmer, the state's commissioner of agriculture, announced Sept. 1 their bid for governor and lieutenant governor, respectively, on a 2011 Republican ticket.
Poultry and eggs were Kentucky's leading farm commodity in 2009, with cash receipts of $911.6 million, ending the equine industry's 10-year reign at the top of the list.
Cash receipts from sales of horses and stud fees in Kentucky again made equines the top agriculture product in 2008, according to state agriculture commissioner Richie Farmer.
An agreement signed March 10 will enable horsemen from Kentucky and Mexico to share knowledge and resources and set up commercial and technical exchanges to improve both equine industries.
When Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 5, they will enjoy a meal fit for a queen. Executive chef Gil Logan of Levy Restaurants, the official caterer for Churchill Downs, will showcase authentic Derby cuisine made with the finest, freshest ingredients, many from Kentucky Proud producers in the Bluegrass State.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Elliott Wins Riding Title at Los Alamitos