Two 3-year-olds being shipped to Churchill Downs for other races on Kentucky Derby (gr. I) week could join the field for the season's first classic. Trainer Tony Richey said Boyce Roberts' Arctic Boy may run in the Derby rather than a conditioned allowance race on Derby Day he is being pointed toward. Richey said a final decision on Derby plans for the son of Maria's Mon will be made following a Monday workout under jockey Calvin Borel. Meanwhile, Churchill officials said trainer Simon Bray could also decide to run Turf Paradise Derby winner Startac in the Derby rather than the Crown Royal American Turf (gr. III), a 1 1/16-mile grass test on Friday's Kentucky Oaks card.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- TVG Increases Revenue Following HRTV Purchase
- NY Hearing to Focus on Fantasy Sports Impact
- Tonalist, Red Vine Please in Cigar Mile Drill
- Yes It's True Euthanized
- Pender Harbour: Farewell to 'The King'
- Dortmund Out of Clark Handicap
- Kentucky Oaks Winner Keeper Hill Dead at 20
- Churchill Unveils Derby Sire Future Wager
- Effinex Looks for His Highlight Win in Clark