The number of states that permit racino gaming has grown from one in 1990 to 15 in 2010. Read Blog
Richard Thalheimer, Professor of equine administration at the University of Louisville, is retiring Jan. 1, 2007 after 18 years of service at the University.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association hopes to launch a for-profit, televised racing series with the assistance of Breeders' Cup and the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, but it could be 2004 before the series has legs.
Most Popular Stories
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Jockeys to Support Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Kentucky Downs Adds 16 Stable Cameras
- Second Purse Hike at Ohio's ThistleDown
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong