Richard Thalheimer, an expert on gaming and the Thoroughbred industry, died March 25 in Nicholasville, Ky., due to the effects of ALS. He was 72.
The number of states that permit racino gaming has grown from one in 1990 to 15 in 2010. Read Blog
Richard Thalheimer, Professor of equine administration at the University of Louisville, is retiring Jan. 1, 2007 after 18 years of service at the University.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association hopes to launch a for-profit, televised racing series with the assistance of Breeders' Cup and the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, but it could be 2004 before the series has legs.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga