Keeneland Association and Cross Gate Gallery of Lexington will collaborate to host the second Sporting Art Auction scheduled Nov. 19 at 4 p.m. ET in the Keeneland sales pavilion.
A special dinner and art exhibition at Avalon restaurant in Louisville will pay homage to the legendary Secretariat May 1 at 7 p.m.
By Jacqueline Duke - Like those of his spiritual ancestor Edward Troye, Reeves' painterly qualities and gentlemanly demeanor were intertwined.
Richard Stone Reeves, perhaps the greatest modern-day horse painter, died Oct. 7 at Eastern Long Island Hospital in Greenport, N.Y. He was 85.
Harness Tracks of America will hold its 27th annual equine art auction Friday, Oct. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 9 at Tattersalls sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky.
The Belmont Ball, hosted by the New York Racing Association on June 5 at Belmont Park, raised more than $175,000 for the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation. The black-tie event this year honored internationally renowned equine artist Richard Stone Reeves and also paid tribute to Affirmed on the 25th anniversary of his Triple Crown triumph.
Richard Stone Reeves, the international equine artist, and Affirmed, the 1978 Triple Crown winner, will be honored at the Belmont Ball at Belmont Park on June 5.
Artist Richard Stone Reeves is donating a portion of the sales of a recent lithograph of Mr. Prospector to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field