A worker on the starting gate crew was killed at Penn National Race Course shortly after the start of the fourth race the evening of June 8.
With no additional positive tests for Equineherpes virus-1 since Feb. 26, Penn National Race Course was prepared to lift the quarantine of horses stabled in Barn U on March 19, track general manager Richard Schnaars said.
The first joint meeting of the boards of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations and Harness Tracks of America was considered a success, but whether the two organizations continue to meet jointly on a regular basis remains to be seen.
Two additional positive tests for the Equineherpes-1 virus Feb. 26 at Penn National Race Course have prompted Philadelphia Park to extend its ban on shipping into and out of the Grantville, Pa., track to March 19. Racetracks in neighboring West Virginia have also decided to implement the shipping restriction as a precaution.
The winds which swept through the eastern half of the United States over the weekend left behind a casualty at Penn National Race Course--the infield tote board.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task