Boosted by competitive bidding from leading international buyers, the Keeneland September yearling sale began on a strong note Monday at the company's sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky. The average price was up 41.1%, the median rose 32.4%, and the RNA rate was 29.7%.
New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said he came away from a one-hour meeting with New York Racing Association Chairman Barry Schwartz convinced that NYRA will now be taking steps to improve the operations he sharply criticized last month following a three-year investigation.
The Jockey Club on Friday announced the election of three new members: Reynolds Bell Jr., Larry Bramlage, D.V.M., and Richard Santulli.
NetJets, a company headed by Thoroughbred owner Richard Santulli, has become title sponsor of the $1-million Breeders' Cup Mile.
Five-year-old Ciro, a grade I turf winner in the U.S. and a group I winner in France, has been sent to Japan to stand at Yushun Stallion Station.
U. S. Senator Jim Bunning (R-Ky) will present the keynote speech when breeders of this year's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships race winners are honored at an annual dinner to be held Jan. 6, 2002, at the Thoroughbred Club of America in Lexington, Ky.
Jayeff B Stable principal Richard Santulli is reportedly on the short list of Berkshire Hathaway executives who could become the company's chief executive officer should anything ever happen to company founder Warren Buffett.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse