Boosted by competitive bidding from leading international buyers, the Keeneland September yearling sale began on a strong note Monday at the company's sales pavilion in Lexington, Ky. The average price was up 41.1%, the median rose 32.4%, and the RNA rate was 29.7%.
New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said he came away from a one-hour meeting with New York Racing Association Chairman Barry Schwartz convinced that NYRA will now be taking steps to improve the operations he sharply criticized last month following a three-year investigation.
The Jockey Club on Friday announced the election of three new members: Reynolds Bell Jr., Larry Bramlage, D.V.M., and Richard Santulli.
NetJets, a company headed by Thoroughbred owner Richard Santulli, has become title sponsor of the $1-million Breeders' Cup Mile.
Five-year-old Ciro, a grade I turf winner in the U.S. and a group I winner in France, has been sent to Japan to stand at Yushun Stallion Station.
U. S. Senator Jim Bunning (R-Ky) will present the keynote speech when breeders of this year's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships race winners are honored at an annual dinner to be held Jan. 6, 2002, at the Thoroughbred Club of America in Lexington, Ky.
Jayeff B Stable principal Richard Santulli is reportedly on the short list of Berkshire Hathaway executives who could become the company's chief executive officer should anything ever happen to company founder Warren Buffett.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park