Cal Expo won a tussle to gain an extra week on the summer fair racing calendar beginning in July 2015 after several months of debate when the California Horse Racing Board approved the dates plan.
After months of discussion, the racing date calendar for Northern California for 2014 was approved Dec. 12 by the California Horse Racing Board.
The California Horse Racing Board put its stamp on the racing industry's plan for stabling Thoroughbreds in the immediate post-Betfair Hollywood Park era during its meeting Oct. 24.
Two committees of the California Horse Racing Board will convene consecutively June 19 in the Sunset Room at Betfair Hollywood Park to address several matters of significance to the state's horse racing industry.
The California Horse Racing Board, looking to improve upon a rule it approved last year, is considering a change that would void the claim of a horse that is later placed on the official veterinary list for being unsound.
Rules governing exchange wagering gained initial approval from the California Horse Racing Board at its meeting Sept. 20, more than a year after the commission had announced its intention to promulgate them.
Exchange wagering in California drew some strong opposition from The Stronach Group and several horsemen's organizations during its first California Horse Racing Board committee hearing Feb. 9 at Santa Anita.
Keith Brackpool and Richard Rosenberg have been appointed to the California Horse Racing Board, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's office announced Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence