Cal Expo won a tussle to gain an extra week on the summer fair racing calendar beginning in July 2015 after several months of debate when the California Horse Racing Board approved the dates plan.
After months of discussion, the racing date calendar for Northern California for 2014 was approved Dec. 12 by the California Horse Racing Board.
The California Horse Racing Board put its stamp on the racing industry's plan for stabling Thoroughbreds in the immediate post-Betfair Hollywood Park era during its meeting Oct. 24.
Two committees of the California Horse Racing Board will convene consecutively June 19 in the Sunset Room at Betfair Hollywood Park to address several matters of significance to the state's horse racing industry.
The California Horse Racing Board, looking to improve upon a rule it approved last year, is considering a change that would void the claim of a horse that is later placed on the official veterinary list for being unsound.
Rules governing exchange wagering gained initial approval from the California Horse Racing Board at its meeting Sept. 20, more than a year after the commission had announced its intention to promulgate them.
Exchange wagering in California drew some strong opposition from The Stronach Group and several horsemen's organizations during its first California Horse Racing Board committee hearing Feb. 9 at Santa Anita.
Keith Brackpool and Richard Rosenberg have been appointed to the California Horse Racing Board, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's office announced Sept. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport