Finding two-turn racing to his liking, Cocked and Loaded used a powerful move in the far turn to open a clear advantage and was not threatened in the stretch in winning the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III) Saturday.
Pure Sensation and Mongolian Saturday battled throughout the $300,000 Turf Monster Handicap, with Pure Sensation narrowly prevailing in a pulsating finish Sept. 7 at Parx Racing.
Journeyman Stud's Cowtown Cat became the first Florida freshman to sire a winner when his 2-year-old filly Richie'slilcowgirl scored a debut win in the first race at Arlington Park May 11.
A Little Warm followed up his maiden-breaking score with a victory in his stakes debut, as he came from off the pace and splashed home to a 1 1/2-length win in the $100,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes.
Stakes winner One Nice Cat came through with his first winner when his son R Rich E. Rich won June 28 at Arlington Park.
Strait of Mewsina, trailing the field heading into the turn for home, finished best of all to post a 19-1 surprise in the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) in Illinois.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus