Mario Pino, the leading rider in the history of Maryland racing, could miss four to six weeks for hernia surgery, which he is scheduled to undergo March 15.
Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's Vegas Play won an eventful running of the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship for state-bred 2-year-olds Saturday at Laurel Park.
Apprentice jockey Richard Monterrey rode his first winner in the United States when he was aboard Sunshine Bloodstock Inc.'s Panama Mon ($27.20) in the fifth race at Gulfstream Park on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11