Longtime California-based trainer Richard Matlow succumbed to the effects of Amytrophic Lateral Schlerosis (ALS) late on the night of March 30 at his home in Monrovia at the age of 66.
Richard Matlow, suffering from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), said he was retiring as a trainer effective Jan. 30.
Jack o' Lantern, the longest shot in the field at 19-1, enjoyed a dream run along the inside for jockey Isaias Enriquez to post a half-length upset over favored Azul Leon in the Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Nov. 23.
Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale entered its final three days on Saturday and registered across-the-board gains for the 10th time in the first 12 sessions of the 14-day auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale