A Kentucky state veterinarian accidentally administered furosemide to a racehorse at Keeneland Oct. 5, the first day a new state rule was enacted that requires the medication to be administered by KHRC vets.
Even-money choice Gotta Have Her survived a stretch-long duel with the outsider Go Forth North to score a repeat victory by a neck in the Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Del Mar turf Sept. 6.
Grade I winner Karelian, who sustained a life threatening injury in July, has been released from Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Green Lantern Stables' homebred Karelian held off favored Court Vision in the stretch to win the $300,000 Maker's Mile (gr. IT) under Julien Leparoux April 9 in Keeneland's feature.
Six-year-old Irridescence, who was beaten by a head in the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) at Arlington Park Aug. 11, has been acquired in full by Richard Masson's Green Lantern Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'