A Kentucky state veterinarian accidentally administered furosemide to a racehorse at Keeneland Oct. 5, the first day a new state rule was enacted that requires the medication to be administered by KHRC vets.
Even-money choice Gotta Have Her survived a stretch-long duel with the outsider Go Forth North to score a repeat victory by a neck in the Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Del Mar turf Sept. 6.
Grade I winner Karelian, who sustained a life threatening injury in July, has been released from Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington.
Green Lantern Stables' homebred Karelian held off favored Court Vision in the stretch to win the $300,000 Maker's Mile (gr. IT) under Julien Leparoux April 9 in Keeneland's feature.
Six-year-old Irridescence, who was beaten by a head in the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) at Arlington Park Aug. 11, has been acquired in full by Richard Masson's Green Lantern Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh