An active third and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 22 in Ocala, Fla. fueled new sale open session records for average and median prices.
Judging by the large number of potential buyers braving temperatures in the 90s on the eve of the select session of the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. August sale of yearlings Aug. 20-22, OBS seems poised for success.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October yearling sale is bigger than ever. There are 1,254 horses cataloged for the auction, which will be held Oct. 22-24 in Lexington. The number is up 24.5% from 2011's total of 1,007.
Buyers and sellers were encouraged by the 6.7% growth in the Keeneland September yearling sale's overall average price and an increase of 13.6% in the median. The positive results are a good omen for the November sale.
Winter mixed sale opens with a 13.2% increase in average and a 24.4% rise in median.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) recently revised the results for the 2008 August yearling sale on its Web site (www.obssales.com) because of new rules governing horse auctions in Florida that took effect in July. Sale companies now are required to disclose any horses that did not change ownership after being reported as sold.
The first open session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale ended with numbers close to last year's figures.
The first of three open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's August yearling sale got off to a strong start when bloodstock agent John Moynihan went to $220,000 to acquire a son of Pikepass.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise