Defending champion Richard Goodall heads a record field of 301 horseplayers who will gather at Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa on Jan. 23-24 to vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year" and a first-place prize of $500,000 in the $1 million Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC).
Richard Goodall, a 64-year-old retired attorney from Las Vegas, defeated 276 Thoroughbred racing handicappers by a record margin to capture the ninth Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship at the Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa in Las Vegas Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust