Colts by Central Kentucky sires More Than Ready and Arch brought the top two prices on day one of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale April 17 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket, both consigned by Friarstown Bloodstock.
Kirsten Rausing and Richard Frisby have purchased The British Bloodstock Agency Ltd. The BBA, which was founded in 1911, rose to prominence as the world's leading bloodstock agency.
The Tattersalls July Sale continued in bouyant fashion on July 12 with 166 lots sold for 2,613,700 guineas at an average of 15,745 guineas and a median of 9,000 guineas. Demand was strong across the boards with the clearance rate an almost unheard of 95%.
The Tattersalls July breeze-up sale concluded in England Friday with records across the board.
Three-year-old Irish-bred colt Rhythm'n Roots (by Daggers Drawn), winner of this season's group III Ballysax Stakes, topped Thursday's penultimate session of the Tattersalls July Sale in Newmarket last night when selling for 210,000 guineas to agent Richard Frisby.
- By Mark Popham
Listed-placed 3-year-old filly Asaawir (GB), by Royal Applause (GB), topped day two of Tattersalls' July Sale in Newmarket July 12 when bought for 170,000gns by local agent Richard Frisby for the Ptarmigan Bloodstock investment partnership.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark